|Relatives||Other bears, other animals|
|Seen in games||1 time|
Bears are mammals of the family Ursidae. Bears are classified as caniforms, or doglike carnivorans, with the pinnipeds being their closest living relatives. Although only eight species of bears are extant, they are widespread, appearing in a wide variety of habitats throughout the Northern Hemisphere and partially in the Southern Hemisphere. Common characteristics of modern bears include large bodies with stocky legs, long snouts, shaggy hair, plantigrade paws with five nonretractile claws, and short tails. Bears possess an excellent sense of smell and, despite their heavy build and awkward gait, are adept runners, climbers, and swimmers. In autumn, some bear species forage large amounts of fermented fruits, which affects their behaviour. Bears use shelters, such as caves and burrows, as their dens; most species occupy their dens during the winter for a long period of sleep similar to hibernation.
In the games
In Bart's Island Escape, we saw the bear being in his cave where he sleept, but he could wake up anytime. So Bart threwed him a somniferous honeycomb as the bear ate it and hardly feel asleep.
In Crazy Zoo, the bear was seen next to the stoned lair, where he was sleeping. When Cody came near the lair, the bear suddenly woke up and growled at him, but had got a portion of hot sauce in his mouth.
- The bear in Island Escape is resembled as Baloo in Jungle Book.
- In Crazy Zoo, the bear had yellow eyes, pink nose, brown fur and light blue tounge.
- When Cody wanted to put the tombhawk into the stone lair, that had the same shape as the tombhawk, the bear woke up.
- Cody squircked a bit of the hot sauce into the bears mouth, when it growled and his face slowly became red, when steam went out from his ears and he ran from the place.
- When the bear was gone, Cody said, that he hopes he will find water.