The ostrich is either one or two species of large flightless birds native to Africa, the only living member(s) of the genus Struthio, which is in the ratite family. It is distinctive in its appearance, with a long neck and legs, and can run at up to about 70 km/h, the fastest land speed of any bird. The ostrich is the largest living species of bird and lays the largest eggs of any living bird. When threatened, the ostrich will either hide itself by lying flat against the ground, or run away. If cornered, it can attack with a kick of its powerful legs.
In the game
In Crazy Zoo, the ostrich had it's head in the hole that was in the ground. It only put up it's head when Cody shouted it's name and took it. In the second part, it was near where the lion was sleeping and went over with Cody on his back.
- The ostrich was affraid of the spider.
- If it saw the spider when it put up it's head, it quickly put it back in the hole again.
- It had yellow eyes.
- Behind the ostrich was a hawk sitting on a rod.
- The ostrich ran quickly before the lion would notice them.
- Cody jumped on the ostrich's back.
- It was then left in the place with a made up zebra and a treasure.