The Cat is one of the major supporting characters of the story. He appears and disappears at will and, with an unexplained reason, has the ability to speak in the Other World.
In the game
In the next morning, the cat was seen lying on the roof, when Coraline called it down with a plate of milk.
In the second night, the cat was seen on the fence and could talk. In the same night, the cat showed and walked with Coraline pass the garden, empty part and the Other house.
When Coraline came to her normal world, the cat was outside the house as she was talking to it, asking where her parents would be.
Coraline had to throw the cat at Other Mother, so she could escape to her normal world.
At the end, the cat came to Coraline's room, where it jumped on her bed and fell asleep with her.
- In Coraline's adventurous game, the black cat was first seen lying on the wooden rood, where the sign of the Pink Palace was hanged.
- It was going everywhere Wybie went.
- Coraline had to get a picture of the cat, so she could scare the chicken.
- When Coraline got the picture, the cat ran away.
- In the Other World, the cat could talk and it isn't any Other, as it said in the game.
- He snached a circus mouse that was later revealed to be a rat.
- It helped Coraline find her parents as find out who put her parents in the mirror.
- As Coraline wanted to go back to the Other World, she left the key outside the little doors, next to the cat.
- He helped Coraline catch the circus rat with the ball, that was an eye.
- The cat wripped out Other Mother's button eyes.
- The cat wasn't seen in the yard party with the other characters.